Taking Legal Action After A Family Member's Death

The death of a loved one is always a difficult reality to bear. However, if you believe that negligence played a role in your loved one's death, your feelings of loss and confusion are likely to be magnified. If your parent, sibling, spouse or child suffered fatal injuries in a car, truck or pedestrian accident, you deserve to know what happened and also to receive compensation for the many losses you suffered.

By taking legal action and filing a wrongful death claim, you can uncover truths related to your loved one's death and recover compensation to help ease the resulting financial hardships you and your family may face. Since 1997, the Law Offices of Harout Balian has provided strong legal advocacy for families who have suffered the most grievous-losses. When families come to us for legal advice and assistance following a loved one's untimely death, we know what is at stake and aggressively pursue a positive outcome that best benefits grieving family members.

Filing A Wrongful Death Claim

If your loved one was hit and killed by a drunk or speeding driver, it's important to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. If you decide to file a wrongful death claim, you may be able to recover compensation for the following damages:

  • Expenses related to a loved one's funeral
  • Any medical or hospital bills related to a loved one's injuries
  • Loss of income taking a loved one's current and anticipated income into account
  • Loss of financial support
  • Loss of companionship, support, guidance and affection

While nothing can change what happened, a successful wrongful death claim can make it possible for grieving family members to move forward without being saddled with significant debt and financial hardships.

At the Law Offices of Harout Balian, we are passionate about helping families who have lost loved ones in motor vehicle and other types of accidents. Call our Glendale law office at 888-346-7088 or fill out our online contact form. Se habla español.